Re: Python < 3.5 tests

On 8 October 2015 at 18:57, Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 at 08:12 Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>
> wrote:
>>
>>    I: pybuild base:170: cd /«PKGBUILDDIR»/.pybuild/pythonX.Y_3.5/build;
>>    python3.5 -m unittest discover -v
>>    ajax_select (unittest.loader._FailedTest) ... ERROR
>>

> On second thoughts, wonder what tests it is running. I can't see anything
> that looks like a test in the package... setup.py has nothing either.
>
> Cut and paste doesn't work properly with this stupid Google inbox webclient
> - otherwise I would add a list of the source files here, however this is the
> django-ajax-selects package in Debian.
>
> Only thing I can think of is maybe it is picking up the Django tests, which
> are meaningless here.

Presumably https://github.com/crucialfelix/django-ajax-selects/tree/develop/tests
would be the intent?

The tarball on PyPI is missing it - so I think its a broken
MANIFEST.in - it hasn't been updated to include the tests.

So the error thats being reported is that ajax_select can't be
imported - which means that ajax_select/__init__.py can't be imported.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins@hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist