Re: Git migration schedule

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 at 02:49 Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
Waiting longer isn't an option IMHO.  It's helping to add to the dysfunction
of the team.  I will also offer to help if the 3.5 transition gets stuck
because of the git conversion.

Hurry up and break my packages :-)

Do the Vcs-* headers in debian/control get updated automatically or do these need to be updated manually? Looks like it gets updated automatically. Good.

Maybe after the migration, add a check to lintian to check for obsolete Vcs-*? Might ensure no accidents happen, e.g. with somebody building and uploading from old subversion by mistake.

Thinking it might be good to have a list somewhere of packages that should get manually checked (and where this hasn't happened yet) after the migration is complete. Otherwise we might all assume somebody else has checked a package, and it gets forgotten.

I guess I should look at my packages. They tend to be relatively simple, don't expect any problems.

Just one problem(?) I do see, some of the commits corresponding to patches have the following committer:

Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>

e.g.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/svn-migration/django-tables.git/commit/?id=17afaee37dc0be9d40ba5bdd1af8f254ef42a46a

from:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/svn-migration/django-tables.git/

This looks like a mistake to me, Stefano didn't contribute these changes. Suspect it might be a default used because there was no author information in the original debian/patches/* file.