Re: Git migration schedule

Hi,

Le dimanche 04 oct. 2015 à 20:03:29 (+0100), Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> am I the only one thinking it's quite a huge number to be handled by
> hand? and whose hands will be the ones converting these packages?
> yours or Barry's dont seem enough and others will need training/time.

There's a point to be made here : as long as the team works on the credo
that everything must be svn or everything must be git, nothing will
bulge. It's a general principle : all or nothing hence nothing!

Accept the transition won't be instantaneous and proceed by steps:
- disallow creating new packages as subversion repositories ;
- migrate now those packages for which the script works ;
- the rest should follow at a reasonable pace, and in hand with the
maintainers/uploaders/whoever feels responsible.

Stop talking about doacracy and actually move!

Snark on #debian-python