Re: RFS: terminado -- a tornado websocket backend for the term.js javascript terminal emulator library

Hi,

On 21/08/2015 10:42, Vincent Cheng wrote:
Hi Julien,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Julien Puydt <julien.puydt@laposte.net> wrote:
Hi,

* Package name    : python-terminado
   Version         : 0.5
   Upstream author : Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk>
* URL             : https://github.com/takluyver/terminado
   License         : BSD
   Description     : a tornado websocket backend for the term.js javascript
terminal emulator library

It's one of the deps for the new ipython 3 ; I prepared a package, for
review & sponsoring here :
ssh://git.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/terminado.git

The upstream contents of your git repo isn't identical to the tarball
I fetched with uscan --download-current-version.

Uh... and I "diff -urN" both trees and they're not identical!? I just updated my package, but it's puzzling... would upstream have updated the tarball under my feet ?

Also, d/rules seems
to include some unused variables (PYVERS and PY3VERS)?

Ok, removed.

I haven't been keeping up with the list recently...have we already
migrated to git, or are we already allowed to use git repos for
packaging?

As far as I know it's ok to use git for new packages, and the migration of old packages is pending.

Snark on #debian-python