Request to join the DPMT

Dear Debian Python Modules Team,

I would like to join the team with the initial goal of maintaining the
python-jellyfish package, which has currently ITP [1] and RFS [2] status,
under the umbrella and guidance of the team. The jellyfish package is a
dependency needed for updating the beets [3] package, which I currently
contribute to in the upstream repository [4].

Once I learn the ropes, I would love to lend a hand with any other packages -
not only beets itself but hopefully any other packages that need work, in the
hopes of giving back to Debian after many years being a regular user. I have
been working professionally with Python for the last 5 years in a number of
projects, most of them related to Django as well, and occasionally make some
small-time code contributions to related packages on their ecosystem
(such as django-extensions and py-authorize).

Alternatively, I'd also welcome guidance and/or sponsorship, in case joining
the team is deemed a bit premature or undesired for any reason. I have worked
on the package for the last couple of weeks on mentors [5], hopefully adhering
to the recommended Debian practices, but the work has not been formally
reviewed yet.

My alioth login name is "diegom-guest". I have read the DPMT policy [6] and
I accept it.

Best regards,

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=806716
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=807432
[3] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=775719
[4] https://github.com/sampsyo/beets/commits/master?author=diego-plan9
[5] https://mentors.debian.net/package/python-jellyfish
[6] http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/policy.html

--
Diego M. Rodriguez
36B3 42A9 9F2F 2CFB F79B  FF9B B6C4 B901 06BC E232