Re: Rebuild for packages with entry points?

On Dec 08 2015, Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
> On Dec 08, 2015, at 08:48 AM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>
>>Aeh, you know about a bug and you want to delay fixing it until someone
>>has reporeds it for every affected package? This seems like a pretty
>>inconsiderate waste of time for both users and maintainers.
>
> There are always lots of bugs that affect people.

True - but I have to admit that I don't get the connection to what we
(or at least I) were discussing until now..?

> But hey, don't let me stop you if you want to fix this particular one.

Well, my proposal is to just do a mass rebuild. It will be redundant for
a lot of packages, but computer time is much cheaper than developer time
(which would be required for Lintian checks, or writing, reacting to,
and closing per-package bugreports).

However, I don't know how to trigger such a rebuild, and I think if I
knew it I'd still be unable to actually do it because I'm only a
DM. Thus my mail to this list :-).

Best,
-Nikolaus