Re: Rebuild for packages with entry points?

On Dec 07 2015, Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:
> On 07/12/15 19:00, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> On Dec 07, 2015, at 10:22 AM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>>> It'd be nice to have https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/issues/443/
>>> fixed in stretch.
>>
>> I'm also not sure how many packages it affects in practice.  We could also let
>> rebuilds be bug-driven.
>
> This looks like a job for Lintian, assuming setuptools entry points are
> easy to detect with a regex.

Well, yes, but what's the point? New uploads will not be affected by
this bug anyway, and if you just want the warnings for old packages,
wouldn't the time consumed by writing a Lintian check be better spent
writing a script that triggers rebuilds directly?

Best,
-Nikolaus