django-ajax-selects

Hello,

Wondered if I got get help with this package?

I raised issues I was having with lintian on debian-devel:

Discussions are continuing this month:

Problem is I can't actually see a solution that would make both upstream
and Debian happy.

Upstream chose this solution after much thought and consideration - if
jquery not already installed by the App, then we fetch it from an
external source. It was the only solution that would solve all their
problems. This allows the App to use a JQuery from a local source if
required, and also means that bootstrap.js can be a static file served
without Django getting involved (as we don't need to know how the app
has set STATIC_URL).

Unfortunately, it isn't a solution that Debian likes, and for good
reason.

However I cannot see a good solution for this, and I don't really like
to make changes to the package or suggest changes to upstream that break
compatability with existing apps either.

Such as:

* Truncate the bootstrap.js file, require all Apps include their own
  copy of jquery and jquery-ui.
* Require app use a provided template tag to include the
  django-ajax-selects recommended versions of jquery.
* Turn bootstrap.js into a Django template file.

I don't like any of these solutions, as either they have performance
implications or have compatability issues for existing Apps.

This is not a regression as such, however lintian has become more strict
about such issues, and lintian complains loudly.

Any suggestions?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>