Re: dh-python (pybuild + dh_py*) documentation

Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> writes:

> I'd like to see a section with examples too, maybe even referencing particular
> packages, which show good practice for a given use case, or which demonstrate
> some feature.

Examples of how to override dh_auto_test to run custom tests would be
good. It seems to be the most frequent thing I need to override.

Also examples of how to replace javascript files and have them
redirected to the packaged files (e.g. libjs-jquery) - this also seems
to be a common problem.

The other common problem I have is Django applications that put template
files under the python directory - which triggers a lintian warning
about putting the files under /usr/lib instead of /usr/share
(image-file-in-usr-lib). Not sure if we care about this even or if
fixing this could be another example.

As a side note, been thinking of requesting another lintian check - for
python3-* packages that Depends on ${python:Depends} instead of
${python3:Depends} - seems to be a common problem I encounter.

(apologies if any of these have already been done, don't have time to
check now.)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>