Re: Python-pyfasta: How to run nosetests and what to do with duplicated binary

[Andreas Tille, 2015-10-13]
> I: pybuild base:170: cd /build/python-pyfasta-0.5.2/.pybuild/pythonX.Y_3.4/build; python3.4 -m nose.

> Ran 0 tests in 0.057s
>
> OK
>

> The directory tests/ is definitely not empty.  Any idea why the tests
> are not run?

because I think running tests from package's root directory does more
harm than good

try with:

export PYBUILD_TEST_ARGS={dir}/tests

if these tests do not need 2to3 or check last example on
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/Pybuild

> I also would like to get advise what to do with /usr/bin/pyfasta which
> is a simple wrapper call script.  I tend to simply drop it from
> python-pyfasta and leave it in python3-pyfasta exclusively but would
> like to hear opinions about this strategy.

I do either that or provide new binary package (f.e. if it also gets
additional dependencies)