Request to join

Hi Debian-Python folks,

I'd like to join the Debian Python application and modules teams. I'm a
DM and my Alioth account is janpascal-guest.

The root cause for this request is the dropping of the denyhosts package
(a Python package) from Jessie. Once I noticed it was gone, I've worked
with the previous maintainer and sponsor to get the package back into
shape. It's now in the NEW queue. See the ITP (1). One of the open bugs
for denyhosts mentioned that there was no free software synchronisation
server for denyhosts. See bug#622697 (2). The original author of
denyhosts also operated the sync server, but does not want to open its
source, so in cooperation with the new upstream maintainer I wrote a
AGPL'ed sync server (3). I'm also working on packaging the sync server,
see ITP (4). There is a dependency of the sync server which is not yet
in Debian, an ORM library for the Twisted framework: Twistar (5). There
is also an ITP for it, see (6).

I've read
https://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html and
http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html and I accept both.

I've been involved in Debian for around ten years, working first on Java
packages (lucene2, commons-csv). Later on some PHP work
(php-net-nntp,spotweb) and lately Python, as described above.

I look forwarded to working with you on Python packaging. If I'm
accepted into the team, I'll upload the packaging work up to now to
Alioth. Since I  haven't used subversion in years, I've taken the
liberty to use git, gbp and git-dpm as described in Python GitPackaging (7).

Kind regards

Jan-Pascal

(1) https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788994
(2) https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=622697