Re: How does python:Depends work?

Hi,

Le 28/09/2015 09:44, Julien Puydt a écrit :
I'm wondering how the python:Depends substitution actually works, since
it looks like it doesn't in some of my recent packages : what was I supposed
to do that I didn't?

The reason why it wasn't working, was that in setup.py, setuptools was activated only conditionally. That in itself isn't a problem.

But when not activated (hence using distutils), it was feeding setuptools' setup arguments to distutils' setup. And that is quite wrong, because what is "install_requires" for one is "requires" for the other!

So the solution was just :
-install_requires = setuptools_args['install_requires'] = [
+setup_args['requires'] = setuptools_args['install_requires'] = [

which I put in a proper Debian patch, and forwarded upstream (which was traitlets... part of the Jupyter project where I'm sure I'll have to report the same for at least half of the packages!).

Thanks,

Snark on #debian-python