Re: How does python:Depends work?

[Julien Puydt, 2015-09-28]
> I'm wondering how the python:Depends substitution actually works, since
> it looks like it doesn't in some of my recent packages : what was I supposed
> to do that I didn't?

dh_python2 (dh_python3 in case of python3:Depends) checks installed¹
files and generate interpreter dependencies (python >= 2.X, python2.7 if
hardcoded in shebang, etc.) or dependencies detected from requires.txt
(make sure you have appropriate one in Build-Depends if it didn't detect
something, you'll need it for tests anyway)

[¹] it's a common mistake to invoke dh_python2, then install files and
    wonder why dh_python2 didn't do its job