Re: Application libraries private, Distutils metadata available for console scripts and introspection

Robert Collins <robertc@robertcollins.net> writes:

> PKG resources should find it anywhere in the python path.

That's exactly the point, though. The packages are private to this
application, and should not be available for import by other programs.

On the other hand, the Distutils metadata (the ‘foo-1.2.3.egg-info’
directory) should be available for the program.

What I'd like is for the distribution to be installed such that:

* its modules are private (‘--install-lib=/usr/share/FooApp/’), and

* its distribution metadata is discoverable (‘--install-metadata=???’
  except there doesn't seem to be such an option).

> I'd the path correct within the all processes?

I don't know. I would not expect to need to alter how the program is run
in order for it to find its own distribution metadata.

--
 \          “When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a |
  `\         great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many |