Re: Removing some python3-* packages

On 25 August 2015 at 11:49, Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015, at 04:30 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>> c) write convoluted tricky code to workaround the bugs and differing
>> behaviour on 3.4 vs 3.5.
>
> I use unittest.mock from Python 3.4 on several packages, and it has not
> required convoluted code. I would be very surprised if that code breaks
> when run under Python 3.5.

If it works with mock 1.3 (in stretch) and with unittest.mock from
3.4, then you're fine. Very much depends on the size and variety of
your codebase, whether you will have an issue or not.

But it doesn't take 'works for me' to invalidate the point: it
requires 'works for *everyone*' - and while you haven't experienced
the faults yourself that in no way invalidates the experience of folk
that have experienced it.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins@hp.com>