Re: package for python 2/3 issues

ok, my fault, a package was not installed.... sorry for noise.

Le ven. 22 mai 2015 à 14:15, olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi,
I try to package a software that supports both python 2 and 3 with future.
future is not yet available in Debian (I've seen an ITP about it), but I'd like to start the package on my side.

I have an error when using pybuild, it does not find find_packages (from setuptools). I wonder what is wrong here (without pybuild it is fine for a python2 build).

dh clean --with python2,python3  --buildsystem=pybuild
   dh_testdir -O--buildsystem=pybuild
   dh_auto_clean -O--buildsystem=pybuild
I: pybuild base:170: python3.4 setup.py clean
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 44, in <module>
    'packages': find_packages(),
NameError: name 'find_packages' is not defined
E: pybuild pybuild:256: clean: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.4 setup.py clean
dh_auto_clean: pybuild --clean -i python{version} -p 3.4 --dir . returned exit code 13
make: *** [clean] Error 13

I tried to follow https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide but I certainly missed something.

It is a basic python package with setup.py.

Thanks

Olivier