Re: Sample DPMT SVN-GIT migration

On Apr 30, 2015, at 12:46 AM, Stefano Rivera wrote:

>Many months ago I said "it should be pretty easy" to just migrate
>everything from SVN to GIT, with high fidelity. I may have been a bit
>optimistic :P But I also just procrastinated a lot...
>
>Here's where I currently am (a migration of r32486):
>https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/svn-migration/
>Here are the scripts:
>https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/stefanor/dpmt-migration.git/

Thanks for working on this Stefano!

I haven't had time yet to dig into the details, but two questions come to
mind.  How does the results of your migration compare to what this script
leaves you with?

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/barry/import-dscs.git/tree/import-dscs.py

Also, what about patch regime?  The above sets up git-dpm early on, including
tag names, etc. so after the conversion you can just start using it to manage
patches.

I know we haven't yet decided on a patch regime, but we should... soon! :)

Cheers,
-Barry