Question about private modules in /usr/share

Hi everyone.  I recently filed in ITP (#782988) and had a stab at packaging the app based on the instructions at https://wiki.debian.org/Python/Packaging.

It looks pretty good, but I think I have messed up something as my binary gives an import error since /usr/share/dwarf isn’t in the PYTHONPATH:

# dwarf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/dwarf", line 32, in <module>
    from dwarf import log   # pylint: disable=W0611
ImportError: No module named dwarf

I think I’ve followed the instructions correctly but I don’t quite understand the reasoning for step 5) renaming the script if the module has exactly the same name.

My packaging so far is in a git-buildpackage compatible repo at

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/tpot-guest/dwarf.git/

Any tips are much appreciated!

Tim.