Re: Bits from the Debian PyCon Hangout - PyPy

Hi Scott (2015.04.15_18:30:23_+0200)
> If we are sharing dist-packages, then pypy can probably use the same
> binary when the content would be the same. Only in cases where the
> content is different would you duplicate a separate pypy package.

That works, but only for leaf packages. Transitive dependencies lose
track of the interpreter metadata.

Let's say we have:

Package: pypy3-foo

Package: python3-foo

Package: python3-bar
Provides: pypy3-bar
Depends: python3-foo

If your app depends on just pypy3-foo, you're fine.

Depending on pypy3-bar is more complicated. bar has to either depend on
both stacks, or the app has to know to depend on pypy3-foo, as well as
pypy3-bar.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera