Re: Build separate binary packages from single source

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> I just noticed https://pypi.python.org/pypi/devpi/ is just an empty
> shell and useless by itself.

That wasn't the case when this thread started, and I'm not happy to see
it.

It is apparently a deliberate response to the request for consistent
versioning between all the components of DevPI
<URL:https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/devpi/commits/9c41e175dad6>, a
resolution in the opposite direction than I'd requested in the bug
report. Darn.

> As each one has its own version number, and presumably its own release
> cycle, presumably you should be packaging them as separate Debian
> source packages.

That does seem to be the only course left open by upstream, yes.

Thanks for looking, I'm sorry the source changed upstream during the
discussion.

--
 \      “Reichel's Law: A body on vacation tends to remain on vacation |
  `\            unless acted upon by an outside force.” —Carol Reichel |