Re: Two more Python libraries

Hi,

[Tomasz Buchert, 2015-02-22]
> I've packaged two Python modules:
>
>    * http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/python-pyelftools.git/
>      https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778933

* binary package names should be python-elftools and python3-elftools as
  module name is elftools (and not pyelftools)
* why Priority: extra? I'd use optional (i.e. the default one, see docs¹)
* python-pyelftools is arch: any yet the description starts with
  "pure-python2" - shoudln't it be arch:all?
* same for python3-pyelftools
* if you add python{,3}-all-dev instead of python{,3}-dev to
* Build-Depends, pybuild will try to build/test this package for all
  supported (c)Python interpreter versions
* python3-setuptools is missing in Build-Depends, please test your
  package in sbuild (or similar tool)

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkg_basics.en.html#s-priority

>    * http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/python-guess-language.git
>      https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778992
>
> (at the moment of writing this, the second repository has not been yet
> picked by cgit)
> I guess I should join the Python Modules Team, right? What should I do?

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

please note that git is not allowed (yet, soon to be changed)