Re: Want to contribute to open source

On 07/11/14 20:08, chaitanya sai alaparthi wrote:
> Hello, I am Chaitanya Sai Alaparthi. I have been programming in python
> since a year,I have done small personal projects related to
> webscrapping,implementing bash terminal,.... now I am interested in
> contributing to open Source projects.So what I need to do now ?? please
> some one help!
>
> Regards,
>   - Chaitanya Sai.

Hi Chaitanya, and welcome!

There are lots of ways you can contribute to open source.
For example:
*You mention some personal projects - if they could be useful to someone
else, then publish the code somewhere like gitorious or github.

*Is there a python application that you like or use often? Find the
developers and try to code new features or fix bugs.

*Is there a program that you like that is not yet in Debian? Make a
package, and then see if anyone is willing to upload it at
debian-mentors. If you're not sure what to package, here are some
programs which people have requested:
http://wnpp.debian.net/?type[]=RFP&project=python

There are lots of other things that you can do, but given that you're
specifically talking about Python, I think that you'd like these tasks best.

Regards,

Riley Baird