Re: Fwd: [Python-modules-commits] [python-mplexporter] 135/135: Merge pull request #30 from rainwoodman/patch-1

On 24.09.2014 08:14, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Scott Kitterman:
>> This kind of nonsense is a great reason to stay with svn.
>>
> Nah. It's a great reason to teach the tool in question to be *way* more
> reasonable. Who needs a single email per commit? Esp. since the number of
> actual commits will go way up with increased git usage – feature branches
> are easy in git, and more granular commits are a great way to help with
> tracking down exactly which change introduced a regression.

Single mails/irc messages per commmit are very useful, they help a lot
to find mistakes others are making before an upload happens.

What we don't want is messages for upstream changes. This should be
simple to fix, simply check the changed paths for debian/ before sending
a message.