Re: RFS: python-pypuppetdb -- interface to the PuppetDB REST API

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Jonas Genannt
<jonas.genannt@capi2name.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could any dd please have a look on python-pypuppetdb? - It's an interface for PuppetDB,
> it's required for Puppetboard.
>
>  pypuppetdb (0.1.1+git080614-1) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Initial release. (Closes: #756009)
>

> It's available in the new Git:
>
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/pypuppetdb.git

Disclaimer: I am not a DD so I can not sponsor your work.

1) I see that you have package the head of master instead of a
released version. I wouldn't recommend this since it is difficult to
manage. For example, this confuses uscan:

$ uscan --report
Processing watchfile line for package pypuppetdb...
Newest version on remote site is 0.1.1, local version is 0.1.1+git080614
pypuppetdb: remote site does not even have current version

If you feel that the more recent commits are really worth having,
encourage upstream to make a new release.

2) In d/rules you have:

# disable tests, require network access
override_dh_auto_test:

I had a quick glance and it appeared that the http requests were being
properly mocked to not require the network. If there are a couple of
tests that require the network, it's better to not run those or patch
them out than skip the suite entirely. Bonus points for patching the
tests to mock the requests and submitting the patch upstream/

3) debian/python-pypuppetdb.debhelper.log python3-pypuppetdb.debhelper.log

Remove these files.

Overall the package looks good. I hope you find a sponsor.

Regards,
Jordan Metzmeier