python-wheel backport to Wheezy

Hi,

There's more and more packages in Sid which requires python-wheel. I was
wondering if it was possible to do a backport of it. It seems very
likely, because the setup.py is handling old stuff like Python prior
2.7. Many backports which used to be trivial aren't anymore because of this.

Currently, backporting python-wheel seems to work, except that it does,
in Wheezy:

dh_python3 --shebang=/usr/bin/python3
mkdir -p debian/python-wheel-common/usr
mv debian/python3-wheel/usr/bin debian/python-wheel-common/usr
mv: cannot stat `debian/python3-wheel/usr/bin': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [override_dh_python3] Error 1

It's looking like to me that it's trying to move
/usr/bin/{wheel,wininst2wheel,egg2wheel} inside python-wheel-common,
however, they aren't present in debian/python3-wheel/usr/bin when I
rebuild in Wheezy. What's the way to fix this correctly? (I could hack
something, but I would much prefer to understand)

Barry, what do you think? Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: Note that even if we decide that an official backport isn't
appropriate, I'd like to fix the issue for myself in the best possible way.