python-django-jsonfield

Hello,

I accidentally stuffed up and uploaded the wrong upstream. I have requested my upload be rejected for now.

Compare:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-jsonfield/0.9.12
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/jsonfield/0.9.20

I tried to go back to the "correct" version, django-jsonfield. It doesn't appear to work properly with Python3, something that I require. It imports six, but this seems to be very much incomplete. The tests fail under Python3.

jsonfield, on the other hand, works with Python3 out of the box. It appears to be very similar, although different feature set.

It looks like both are being developed upstream, neither have had a release since last year, and while django-jsonfield now passes all Python3 tests, it still produces a lot of (easy to fix) warnings, which makes me feel that maybe jsonfield is the superior version, as it supports Python3 in PYPI already, and tests run without any problems.

Can I switch to jsonfield? Or does the risk of breaking something outweigh the benefits of a Python3 package in Debian?

Any other comments?

Thanks
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>