Re: Selecting python-flask vs python3-flask

On 03/15/2014 07:39 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> [CC me please]
>
> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to work on :

>   Basically I have an example package (dh_installexamples) which needs
> to depends on python-flask. Depending whether my users installed
> python3-openslide or python-openslide, I need to Recommends on
> python3-flask or (exclusive) python-flask.
>
>   I have not figure out how to do that. I could not find anything like
> this in the doc.
>
> Thanks for help,

Why wouldn't you recommend both?

Also, if these really are examples, they should be treated as
documentation somehow, not as a library, and therefore, I don't see why
the severity for #740907 should be "grave". The package is perfectly
useable: one can read the source code... I'd downgrade the severity to
wishlist (unless I completely misunderstood the purpose of this
-examples package).

Thomas Goirand (zigo)