Re: Set shebang line to default (instead of latest) Python 3 interpreter

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> * Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>, 2014-01-26, 17:06:
> > How can I convince ‘dh_python3’ to set the shebang to the *default*
> > Python 3 interpreter?
>
> dh_python3 --shebang=/usr/bin/python3
> (if I recall correctly)

Thanks. So the manpage doesn't say, should I add that option for the
“build” action? The “install” action? Some other action? Reading the
source for ‘dh-python’ isn't very enlightening on this.

The important part is that I need to override the shebang rewrite for
only *some* programs, and leave it with the default behaviour for
others.

How can I make it take action only for specified program files? Which
“override_dh_foo” target should I be intercepting, and how should I be
using “dh_python3 --shebang=/usr/bin/python3 foo” to affect only the
specified programs?

--
 \     “Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
  `\      me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |