Problem with dh_python3

Hi list
   I do have a problem with eric5 and dh_python3. There are files that are
intended for python2 and I want to exclude them from dh_python3 but I
get the following errors when I install the package:

"""
Setting up eric (5.4.0-1) ...
  File "/usr/share/eric/modules/DebugClients/Python/DebugClientBase.py", line
791
    exec code in _globals, _locals
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

  File "/usr/share/eric/modules/DebugClients/Python/DebugBase.py", line 228
    print 'DebugBase.trace_dispatch: unknown debugging event:', repr(event)
                                                             ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

  File "/usr/share/eric/modules/UtilitiesPython2/CodeStyleChecker.py", line 69
    print "ERROR"
"""

In the rules file I use the following line:
dh_python3 -XDebugClients/Python/ -XUtilitiesPython2
but it doesn't exclude the directories.

If you don't see the error, do you know about any other package with mixed
python2 and python3 code that I can take a look at?

Regards
Gudjon