Fwd: [iva] - Python 3 code depends on pysam

Forgot to CC debian python:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorge Sebastião Soares <j.s.soares@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: [iva] - Python 3 code depends on pysam
To: Debian Med Project List <debian-med@lists.debian.org>

Hi Bary, all

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
On Nov 21, 2014, at 05:30 PM, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:

>Does anyone know if python3-pysam will be available soon?
>Or if there are any plans to have it as a Debian package at all?

I took a *very* quick look, but unfortunately don't have time to dig in
deeper.  It seems that pysam is Python 3 compatible upstream, and the Debian
packaging already uses pybuild.   It might be as easy as adding --with python3
and then adding the appropriate additional binary packaging goodness.

So, my rules file already has the '--with python3' statement. You can see this in [1]
I think the problem is that when calling pysam, it looks inside '/usr/lib/python3/' and pysam is not deployed there.

I'll have a look to see what I can find online.
Any other suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,

Jorge

[1] - http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/iva.git/tree/debian/rules