Re: How to solve #751375, file clash

On 16 October 2014 23:55, Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> Is the configparser.py supplied by  python-pies2overrides different from the
> file supplied by python-configparser?
>
> If it is the same file, you could delete it from python-pies2overrides and
> depend on python-configparser.

The pies2overrides configparser.py contains only this:

==============
from __future__ import absolute_import

from ConfigParser import *
==============

(The purpose of the pies2overrides library is to provide compatibility
with Python 3 stdlib names)

I would guess that using python-configparser in place of this module
would still work, at least for the software that uses pies2overrides.

On 16 October 2014 23:49, Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> wrote:
> or to move
> pies2overrides into it's own namespace (and patch frosted
> accordingly)?

If you're planning to patch frosted (or any other software that uses
pies2overrides; I packaged and uploaded isort recently, for example),
then there's not much point in *moving* pies2overrides, just patch the
software not to use it at all. That is, there is no point writing
this:

try:
    from configparser import blah
except ImportError:
    from pies2overrides.configparser import blah

Instead of just writing this: