Re: Fighting commit storm madness (was: [Python-modules-commits] [python-mplexporter] 135/135: Merge pull request #30 from rainwoodman/patch-1)

On October 9, 2014 5:36:02 AM EDT, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>On Thu, 09 Oct 2014, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
>> On 2014-10-09 10:02, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> > I fixed the default configuration in setup-repository to limit to
>20
>> > commits per push as a maximum. And I also limited the size of
>individual
>> > commit emails to 1000 lines.
>>
>> I wonder, whether some kind of digest function would be possible
>> and useful?
>
>There is already a single mail per push that summarizes all the commits
>and the individual commits are sent as replies to that initial mails
>(provided that the number of commit doesn't exceed 20, otherwise you
>only
>get the summary mail).

Solving the wrong problem I think. Upstream commits are off topic. I'm probably going to give up on hanging out on #debian-python once we get more packages in git.  The commits are way too much and don't add value.

Scott K