Re: [Debian-med-packaging] Help to run test suite for python-pysam needed (does not find libhts)

Hi Andreas,

I can confirm that this problem doesn't show up in an up-to-date sid.
Cython has a new version there as compared to todays testing, but
installing this new version in testing didn't resolve the problem.

Anyway, the other question was about the missing symbol faidx_fetch_nseq
in htslib-1.1.

Well, the function is declared in one of the htslibs headers, but no
function body is defined in the whole of the library source code, i.e.
within its source tree I get:

grep -r faidx_fetch_nseq  *
debian/libhts1.symbols:#MISSING: 1.1# faidx_fetch_nseq@Base 1.0
htslib/faidx.h:    int faidx_fetch_nseq(const faidx_t *fai);

According to this commit in the htslib repo [1] the function name has
been replaced by "faidx_nseq" but it was not deleted from the header.

Hope that helps,
Gert

[1]
https://github.com/samtools/htslib/commit/5a0ee032c4e94f5b2814c6f389278b404f439713