Re: RFS: python-pypuppetdb -- interface to the PuppetDB REST API

Hello,

> > could any dd please have a look on python-pypuppetdb? - It's an
> > interface for PuppetDB, it's required for Puppetboard.
> >
> >  pypuppetdb (0.1.1+git080614-1) unstable; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Initial release. (Closes: #756009)
> >

> > It's available in the new Git:
> >
> > git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/pypuppetdb.git
> >

> Disclaimer: I am not a DD so I can not sponsor your work.

thanks for having a lock.

> 1) I see that you have package the head of master instead of a
> released version. I wouldn't recommend this since it is difficult to
> manage. For example, this confuses uscan:
>
> $ uscan --report
> Processing watchfile line for package pypuppetdb...
> Newest version on remote site is 0.1.1, local version is
> 0.1.1+git080614 pypuppetdb: remote site does not even have current
> version
>
> If you feel that the more recent commits are really worth having,
> encourage upstream to make a new release.

I need that version and not striped it, because upsream will release
soon a new version. I need that git release because upstream was
missing a copyright statement. Úpstream has accepted my Pull Requests
but not released a new version. That's why we have a master-release.

> 2) In d/rules you have:
>
> # disable tests, require network access
> override_dh_auto_test:
>
> I had a quick glance and it appeared that the http requests were being
> properly mocked to not require the network. If there are a couple of
> tests that require the network, it's better to not run those or patch
> them out than skip the suite entirely. Bonus points for patching the
> tests to mock the requests and submitting the patch upstream/

I had a try once, but I don't figure out the tox stuff. I had added
once python-requests,  python3-requests, python-tox.

But running the tests:

I: pybuild base:170: python2.7 setup.py test
running test
Searching for tox
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/tox/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/tox/: [Errno 111]
Connection refused -- Some packages may not be found! Couldn't find
index page for 'tox' (maybe misspelled?) Scanning index of all packages
(this may take a while) Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/: [Errno 111]
Connection refused -- Some packages may not be found! No local packages
or download links found for tox error: Could not find suitable
distribution for Requirement.parse('tox') E: pybuild pybuild:256: test:
plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python2.7 setup.py test

Do you have a idea how to run these?

> 3) debian/python-pypuppetdb.debhelper.log
> python3-pypuppetdb.debhelper.log
>
> Remove these files.

I don't see that files in the git repo. So can't removed.

Thanks,
	Jonas