Python applications: private dirs and PYTHONPATH issue

[Andreas Tille, 2014-09-10]
> BTW, as I previously wrote here on this list[2] I'm afraid I did not
> found a clever solution to package this Python application.  I learned
> here on this list that applications should go to /usr/share/<pkgname>
> but I needed to set PYTHONPATH in a wrapper to make this working and I
> have the strong feeling that my packaging is not very sensible and the
> files should rather go to some better place.  Any comments about this
> are welcome as well.

if you install your script to the same directory as the application¹ then
all you need is `dh_link /usr/bin/foo /usr/share/pkgname/foo` in
debian/rules or adequate line in debian/pkgname.links file.
No need to write wrappers that set PYTHONPATH, etc.

[¹] pybuild exmaple:
    export PYBUILD_INSTALL_ARGS=--install-lib=/usr/share/pkgname/ --install-scripts=/usr/share/pkgname