Re: No __init__.py for namespaced module in Python 3.4

On Sep 05, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>Surprisingly, when I just do (as root):
>
>echo "" >/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/oslo/__init__.py
>
>then everything works again, and subunit under Python3.4 can find the
>local version of oslo.serialization.

Is there by any chance a /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/oslo/__pycache__
directory with an __init__<blah>.pyc file in it?

One thing you can do is run `python3 -v` to watch what Python tries to
import.  It will be quite verbose though.

>Currently, I'm disabling the unit tests for Python 3.4 in
>oslo.serialization, but this really doesn't seem to be the way to go,
>and I would like to find a way to fix this.

Is this testable locally on a sid machine?

>P.S: It was really nice to see Piotr and Barry at Debconf14. Thanks for
>coming, and I really hope to see you guys next year.

Indeed, it was amazing - my first Debconf.   Great to see so many Debian
Pythonistas in one place!

-Barry