Re: Proposed git migration plan

Le 25/08/2014 23:00, Barry Warsaw a écrit :
> Here's the page I mentioned regarding a *proposed* transition plan to using
> git for team packages.  It's more or less a brain dump right now, and don't
> feel like you need to read it before the DC14 session.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging
>
> Food for thought and discussion.

>From another reply:  have you guys considered using a pre commit
workflow review system ?  In such a system developers propose their
change in a gate and they are reviewed/approved before landing in the
branch.

That let anyone propose a change without potentially breaking the master
branch used to build package from.

The well known example are GitHub pull requests.

OpenStack and Wikimedia foundations are using Gerrit. It is an open
source java application developed by Google to develop the Android SDK.
 It is interface is not the best, but it handles that pre commit review
workflow very well.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso