python-librabbitmq broken

(changed the subject)

On 11 August 2014 21:56, Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at> wrote:
On 2014-08-11 13:32, Brian May wrote:
> I am kind of stuck what to do here. I reported it upstream, but half
> expect them to respond (if they do actually respond) with "that is why
> we supply our own copy of librabbitmq-c". Which obviously isn't really a
> good solution for Debian.

Ok, this may take a while to get sorted out. Let's just remove
python-librabbitmq from kombu in svn trunk and move on with the python3
package.

Once python-librabbitmq is useable again, we can take the approach of
adding it to Recommends.

Yes, sounds good to me.

Upstream responded to my ticket:

"Right, but we don't really have any alternative other than copying the code. The latest version is also blocking when a heartbeat is enabled for some reason, which breaks everything for us, so we have to maintain a fork anyway."

In other words, they want you to link (static link I assume) to their version of librabbitmq-c instead of linking with the system library.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>