pybuild leaves empty directories in python3 debug packages

Dear Python packagers,

I am currently maintaining two Python packages (pyfftw and pynfft),
which I have modernised using pybuild. For both packages, pybuild builds
the Python 2 and 3 packages, their respective debug versions and the
common documentation.

The resulting packages are "lintian -i" clean but "lintian -I" shows up
a "package-contains-empty-directory" only for the Python 3 debug
package.

Is this a bug from pybuild ? Is there a way I can run an additional
command to suppress the empty directory for the install target of the
Python 3 debug package ?

Thanks for your help,

Ghis