Re: Help needed to test packages with Django 1.7

Hi,

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> and already found out that TEMPLATE_DIRS needed an additional comma in
> settings.py, though there's still a lot more failure in the unit tests.
> If you want to help, just try to rebuild Horizon (and add a comma as I
> wrote in horizon/tests/settings.py to begin with...).
>
> Horizon is my main concern.

I spent some time on horizon and managed to fix quite a few failures
in the test suite. I just sent my patches to the bug. There's still some
work left though...

> Well, I'm doing my best to add Python 3 support everywhere I can. I've
> been doing this for months already. I know it wont be possible to fix
> everything. Currently, I have 2 blockers which I am working on:
>
> - python-memcache
> - beautifulsoup
>
> Both needs patches in upstream code, which I already partially wrote,
> but it's not fully working (yet?). memcached isn't easy at all, as it
> has to deal with lots of unicode stuff. Once these are done, then this
> unlocks Python 3 support in maybe 40 other packages.

Nice! beautifulsoup has also been annoying me as it's currently used
by Distro Tracker (aka tracker.debian.org) and I want to make it work
on Python 3.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/