Re: python3 celery

On 14 Jul 2014 22:21, "Matthias Klose" <doko@debian.org> wrote:
> Twisted has some support for Python3, see twisted/python/dist3.py in the
> twisted 14.0 sources.  I packaged a twisted-py3 building a
> python3-twisted-experimental, which I didn't yet upload to Debian. For now you
> can get it from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/twisted-py3.  If this is
> good enough for pika, I'll upload that to unstable as well.

I have been told, by a core Python developer (Nick Coghlan), that while "it works", it is not recommended for production use. He thinks Python 3 may not be supported until Python 3.5 is released (later on next year, so too late for Jessie).

Just noticed pika is just another amqp library, so python3-amqp might be sufficient here.