Re: Problem migrating from South to Django migrations for Linux distributions

Hi Brian,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014, Brian May wrote:
> I can't help but think this might be unrealistic (?). Changes required for
> new versions of Django often break compatibility with old versions, and
> 1.4.5 is really old now. Just because many packages don't have versioned
> dependencies on Django (or a versioned dependency on a really old version)
> doesn't necessarily mean they will work with any 1.4.5. Anyone want to test
> every Django package in Debian sid against the Django in wheezy?

I agree with you that this is not realistic. A better alternate solution
is to document the process of how to execute the South migrations with
Django 1.6 in a virtualenv after having done the upgrade to Debian 8.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/