Re: Problem migrating from South to Django migrations for Linux distributions

Normally, in development with south. If the migrations get to the point were they're out of sync. The lead Dev removed the conflicting migrations and runs the schema migration command.

As for the django 1.7 flow of migrations, I cannot comment on it, but I would go into this problem with the assumption: I should be able to create an initial migration and go from there.

One complication I see with this, is that only the django runtime knows about south which makes it near impossible to detect this in your packaging.

My question now would be, can django migrations and south migrations co-exist and can I turn off django migrations?

Cheers,
-Joseph Curtin