python-fdb in debian

Hi,

a long time ago I said that I was looking for a sponsor for python-fdb
in Debian.

Last Friday, (thanks), Russell Stuart (ras at debian dot org), contacted
me saying :
> I went looking for python-fdb in Debian.  I see you were looking for
> a sponsor at one stage.
>
> Still looking?

so it seems that we can proceed further, and I would be happy to, but I
have few question, as I'm lost in Debian procedure.

the package before landing in Debian should be updated to latest stable
but how can I do that ? since it is not yet a package I can't really
follow what is described here
(https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/update.en.html#newupstream)

and sorry, but since I did the first steps in December 2012, I really
almost remember nothing about how to do.
I guess I have to update
svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/python-fdb/trunk/debian

Is there an how to somewhere ?

Thanks