Re: RFS: python-rarfile/2.6-1 [ITP] -- RAR archive reader module for Python

Hi,

After some messages with the upstream, we managed to use bsdtar[0] as
uncompressing software. unar was too limited to use it in the package,
and the other solutions we found were not free.

The only problem is that bsdtar have problems with some password
protected archives. So, we decided to use unrar-free for password
protected archives.

These changes are available in rarfile's Git repository[1] and will be
offical released in the next version. So, for the moment, it will be
necessary to use the following commands to get the .orig tarball that
I've used to build the package:

  git clone https://github.com/markokr/rarfile.git python-rarfile-2.6
  tar -zcvf python-rarfile_2.6.orig.tar.gz python-rarfile-2.6

In short, the package is now free, and seems to be clean. It builds without
errors/warnings and Lintian seems to be happy.

Regards,
 Hugo

PS: I've applied the changes on PAPT's repository.

[0] https://packages.debian.org/jessie/bdstar
[1] https://github.com/markokr/rarfile

--
      Hugo Lefeuvre (hugo6390)    |    www.hugo6390.org
4096/ ACB7 B67F 197F 9B32 1533 431C AC90 AC3E C524 065E