Re: Cannot find installed package that provides pillow. Using python-pillow as package name.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> [Mathieu Malaterre, 2014-06-11]
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org> wrote:
>> > I am starring at #744748. I do not understand how ${python:Depends}
>> > get changed into `python-pillow` for dh_python2. The bug is not really
>> > that annoying except that it prevent a backport of python-openslide
>> > (python 2.x) to wheezy, since python-pillow is only in jessie (I would
>> > need to have `python-imaging` instead).
>>
>> Sorry for the noise, I needed a grep -i pillow (case sensitive) to
>> discover where the dep was coming from. I think I know how to fix it,
>> since jessie also provide a virtual python-imaging package.
>
> python-imaging is a transitional package. If your package works without
> it, please don't change the dependency dh_python2 generates from
> requires.txt file.
>
> PS please note that you should not use package generated in Jessie on
> Wheezy (different list of supported Python versions) and dh_python2 on
> Wheezy will generate python-imaging dependency

Hum, here is what I have on my side:

$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/dh_python2
diversion by dh-python from: /usr/bin/dh_python2
diversion by dh-python to: /usr/bin/dh_python2.real
dh-python, python: /usr/bin/dh_python2

$ apt-cache policy dh-python
dh-python:
  Installed: 1.20131021-1~bpo70+1
  Candidate: 1.20131021-1~bpo70+1
  Version table:
     1.20140511-1 0
        200 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
        100 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
 *** 1.20131021-1~bpo70+1 0
        600 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports/main
amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Which explains why I needed:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/openslide-python/trunk/debian/pydist-overrides?view=markup

I'll revert my changes, thanks for your help.