Re: RFS: oct2py -- GNU Octave to Python bridge

Hi Josue,

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Josue Ortega <josueortega@debian.org.gt> wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package and maitain it with the DPMT.
> The package is python-oct2py -- GNU Octave to Python bridge
> Oct2Py is a means to seamlessly call M-files and Octave functions from Python.
> It manages the Octave session for you, sharing data behind the scenes using MAT
> files.
>
> This closes #743499 which is an ITP.
>
> Here is some useful information about the package:
>
>  * Package name    : oct2py
>    Version         : 1.3.0-1
>    Upstream Author : Steven Silves <steven.silvester@ieee.org>
>  * URL             : http://blink1073.github.io/oct2py/docs/
>  * License         : MIT
>    Section         : python
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>  python-oct2py - Python to GNU Octave bridge --> run m-files from Python
>  python3-oct2py - Python3 to GNU Octave bridge --> run m-files from Python
>
> If you are interested you can get it on mentors[0] or in the SVN DPMT[1].
>
> Thank you for your help.

- debian/control: "Suggests:" is spelled with two "s"-es, not one
- debian/control: you use --buildsystem=pybuild in debian/rules, but
you don't declare a build-dep on dh-python

Both the above issues should cause your package to FTBFS (assuming you
actually tested your package by building it with
pbuilder/sbuild/etc.).

Regards,
Vincent