Re: BioPython: Some Python modules not found in tests at package build time

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 09:12:45PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>, 2014-04-25, 16:08:
> >[Debian Python Modules Team
> ><python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org> in CC since it
> >maintains python-reportlab]
>
> ITYM s/maintains/is in Uploaders of/. It makes a big difference here...

Does this mean that not any member of the team could upload a fixed
package?  That would be strange regarding my experience with packaging
teams.

> >>Well, this was rather me forgetting a python-imaging dependency
> >>- I (wrongly) assumed that python-pil would be sufficient.
>
> Note that python-imaging is only a compatibility package. It would
> be better to port biopython to the new PIL API.

Well, I have no idea what "porting" really means.  If there might be a
simple patch that would be OK.  Otherwise I can only hope for upstream.

> >Unfortunately the result remained the same.  I somehow came to the
> >conclusion that the problem is caused by a broken reportlab
> >package
>
> I came to the same conclusion. I've attached what seems to be a
> minimal test-case:
> If I understand correctly, reportlab is trying to use non-free Adobe
> PostScript fonts, which (unsurprisingly) doesn't work on Debian
> systems. It should use the substitutes from the gsfonts package
> instead.

As I just reported to #745985 your patch works nicely.  Many thanks for
it.  It would be great if there would be an upload of this fix in a
short timeframe.

Many thanks

       Andreas.

--