InVesalius - arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share

Hi all,

I'm one of developer of InVesalius [1], an open source medical software. InVesalius is already packaged to Debian thanks to Debian med. Now I'm updating the package [2] to the last release of InVesalius.

Until the penultimate version, InVesalius was developed exclusively in Python and all its source files in the Debian package were kept inside the /usr/share/invesalius folder. In the last version we started to use Cython in one of the modules we developed, so now we have a compiled file. In the part of the package I break the InVesalius in two parts:

* invesalius -> where are kept the python files (arch-independent)
* invesaliu-bin -> where this cython compiled file is kept

All files from both packages are kept inside /usr/share/invesalius. But, as indicated by the lintian warning, /usr/share is reserved for architecture-independent files. So invesalius-bin isn't following the rule. I'm thinking to create a patch to update the setup.py to make it installs the compiled file inside the Python dist-packages folder and create other package to patch InVesalius to make it imports this module from the system dist-packages. But I don't know if it's the better strategy to fix this problem or if there are better ways of doing this. What do you suggest me?

Many thanks!