Re: pybuild sphinxdoc and extensions

On 04/07/2014 03:39 PM, picca wrote:
>> As for http_proxy='localhost', it's much better to write
>> http_proxy='127.0.0.1:9', as there really could be a web proxy running
>> on localhost, and you don't really want to use it, do you?
>
> I just used the snipset of the wiki page explaining the library
> packaging. Maybe the wiki should be changed.

Yes. Which wiki page? URL?

>> Also, are you
>> doing like this to avoid intersphinx? In this case, why don't you just
>> remove the intersphinx extension from conf.py? That's IMO much cleaner
>> than just blocking the connection.
>
> It is easier for me to deal with this from the debian/rules files instead of
> maintaining a patch.

Ahum... "maintaining a patch" is probably an overstatement here.

Here's an example "diff" (not a valid diff for computers, but enough for
understanding by humans):

 extensions = ['sphinx.ext.autodoc',
               'sphinx.ext.todo',
               'sphinx.ext.coverage',
-              'sphinx.ext.intersphinx',

So, you'd be just removing 'sphinx.ext.intersphinx' from the extensions
list, that's a really minimalistic one liner patch. And that's much much
much cleaner than forcing sphinx to fail accessing the network.

Thomas